Mr. Pastrick has worked in the field of intellectual property development and protection for over 15 years. Mr. Pastrick received his B.S. in public management from Indiana University in 2001 and graduated from Indiana University School of Law in 2006. Mr. Pastrick served as both Vice President of a consulting firm specializing in international intellectual property development, protection and anti-counterfeiting as well as IP counsel to a wide range of global IP owners. In 2016 Mr. Pastrick formed Pastrick Law LLC – his own solo legal practice focusing in IP development and protection. Mr. Pastrick is also a principal partner in Integra Advisors, a consulting firm that focuses on IP development and protection in Latin America, as well as General Counsel and Vice President of Corporate Development at Healthcare Claims Management, an Indianapolis-based provider of revenue cycle management services for healthcare organizations across the U.S.
Mr. Pastrick has been a featured speaker at a number of IP-related conferences in the U.S. and Latin America, is a contributing author to Intellectual Property Operations and Implementation in the 21st Century Corporation and has served on a number of committees with the International Trademark Association (INTA).
Mr. Pastrick’s clients have included businesses in: fashion and footwear; entertainment; electronics; health and beauty; industrial supplies; small arms and defense; medical devices; alcohol and spirits; tobacco; universities and high schools; candy; power tools; toys and children’s products; optics and eyewear; and aerospace.
More specifically, Mr. Pastrick’s experience and areas of expertise include:
- Designing and implementing specialized global intellectual property protection programs.
- Portfolio Management: Directing global trademark, trade dress and copyright filings, renewals, oppositions and office actions.
- Litigation: Managing and directing counsel in IP litigation – budgets, tactics, substantive issues and settlement negotiations.
- Licensing: Drafting and negotiating IP license agreements. Developing standards, programs and protocols for licensee monitoring. Insuring compliance among licensees. Resolving licensee disputes.
- Criminal Enforcement: Coordinating criminal investigations and advocating on behalf of IP owners for the prosecution of IP crimes.
- Training: Developing standards and manuals for use in law enforcement trainings and criminal prosecutions.
- Investigation: Conducting trademark use and trademark clearance investigations.
- Marketing Compliance: Reviewing advertising, marketing materials and other publications for IP-related issues. Providing guidance on IP issues and IP use to non-attorneys.
- Supply Chain Compliance: Investigating and address supply chain problems – MAP violations, gray market goods, parallel imports, factory overruns, etc.
- Web-Based Enforcement: UDRPs; DMCA enforcement; e-C&Ds; various marketplace enforcement.
- IP Registrations: File trademarks; trade dress and copyright applications; address office actions, oppositions, etc.
- Project Management: Authorizing and monitoring work performed by independent contractors, investigators and outside counsel domestically and internationally. Designing and managing systems to insure compliance with budgets and objectives, to prioritize tasks and to track the efficacy of enforcement programs in reducing levels of counterfeit and infringing products on the market.
- International Experience: Extensive experience in Southeast Asia, China, Central and South America with: prosecution (trademark clearance, filings, oppositions and office actions); enforcement (investigations, criminal and civil actions); and supply chain issues.
- Legislative Experience: Advocating for revisions to Indiana’s criminal counterfeiting and forgery statutes; caucus with State Representatives and stakeholders; draft and refine remedial statutory language; prepare talking points for committee hearing.
- General Corporate Governance & Compliance
For more information, please see here.