American Knife & Tool Institute Has Two Important Initiatives
Would you like to own one of the many new auto knives available?
Are you confident you understand the knife laws in your state and where you travel?
The American Knife & Tool Institute has taken on two very important initiatives for the knife community:
- Automatic knives are legal in 40 states.
- Commercial sale of automatic knives across state lines is restricted.
We believe if an auto is legal to possess in your state, you should be able to buy the legal knife you want!
AKTI has introduced the Freedom of Commerce Act S. 1588 to repeal these restrictions. This is a huge initiative with a large financial commitment. We need to raise at least $180,000 to make it happen.
- At a Glance summaries
- Detail on restrictions in certain circumstances or locations
- Major cities with additional knife restrictions
- Discussion of relevant court cases
Updated and expanded information will be valuable not only to knife users, but also legislators writing laws, law enforcement understanding knife law, and attorneys handling knife cases.
Please help us accomplish the repeal of the Federal Switchblade Act and have the most valuable, reliable and accurate state knife law information on the internet.