Caswell Knives has announced the availability of the “Morphing-Karambit” utility pocket knife through crowdfunding site Kickstarter:
This Kickstarter campaign will begin Tuesday March 20, 2018 and will run for a total of 35 days.
About the Knife: The “Morphing Karambit” is highly innovative karambit-style utility pocket knife designed to overcome issues associated with traditional folding knife designs that have been adapted to Karambit form.
Benefits of this new design include:
- Seamless, Intuitive Blade Deployment. No need to remove fingers from the tool to allow blade to pass.
- User Safety is Enhancedbecause fingers do not cross the rotational path of a blade. This means the blade cannot close across the fingers like conventional designs, even in the event of lock failure.
- Convenient, Discrete“Zero-Profile” titanium pocket clip allows secure, deep-pocket carry without sacrificing accessibility. It does not create discomfort while the knife is grasped for use. It is much less likely to snag upon or damage objects encountered in close quarters compared with a conventional protruding pocket clip.
- Elegant Designincluding just FIVE principle parts, plus fasteners (and pocket clip). It is compact, rugged and optimized for use under demanding conditions.
- 100% MANUAL.MKV2 is NOT an automatic or assisted-opening knife! As such, it is generally legal to possess and carry anywhere a 2.5-inch locking folding knife is allowed.
PREMIUM USA BUILD: The Kickstarter campaign is for a premium, USA-made, “no-compromise” build using only premium materials, high-precision processes and best-available finishes. Caswell Knives is excited to team with Millit Knives (Meridian, ID) for this superlative-quality MKV2 “Morphing Karambit” build!
“Millit is well regarded for world-class quality and has the production “bandwidth” for high-end projects such as this,” says Joe Caswell of Caswell Knives. “This combination makes a good fit for this project because Caswell Knives specializes in new-product development, prototyping and low-volume “custom” builds . Together, we can deliver this “Next-Level” design to more users, at a mid-range price, and with the uncompromising build quality usually associated with custom and premier semi-custom knives.”
- Blade Size: 5 inches
- Blade Steel: CPM 3V, Ion Bond/Tungsten DLC finish
- Frame/Handle: 7075 T6 Aluminum/Type 3 Hard Anodize
- Components: 17-4 PH (H900), Ion Bond/Tungsten DLC finish
- Pocket Clip: 6al-4V Titanium exclusive “Zero-Profile” design
- OAL (open): 125 inches
- Weight:0 Ounces.
- Price: $450 NOW on Kickstarter ($650 Retail)
- There will not be a follow-up MKV2 campaign! Any future USA build will be very limited and reflect RETAIL pricing!
- Knives will be completed and delivered in sequential “batches” and backers will receive rewards in order. This means early backers will receive their knives first, as completed.
- Delivery is projected to begin by October 2018.