- Membership Rights: AKTI members in good standing shall have all of the rights and privileges extended to them under the AKTI bylaws or, in the absence of an express bylaw provision, as may from time to time be granted at the sole discretion of AKTI. Only AKTI voting members shall have voting rights and privileges. Neither memberships nor membership rights are transferable. Some AKTI membership privileges may be provided by third parties. The AKTI shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or dispute rleated to products or services provided by third parties. Members should make their own inquiries regarding the terms and conditions that apply to any products or services that may be offered by third parties.
- Terms of Membership & Membership Renewal: Membership in the AKTI is for one (1) full year. Membership shall commence on the date of the approval of the application by the AKTI and are renew4al for additional one (1) year terms thereafter upon full payment of all membership dues.
- Membership Dues: AKTI membership dues are established by the AKTI and may be adjusted from time to time as needed to support the operation and mission of the organization and can take the form of a special assessment. Failure to pay dues in a timely manner could result in suspension or explusion from membership within sixty (60) days after receipt of written notice requesting payment of dues owed to the AKTI. Thereafter, a delinquent member shall no longer be in good standing and shall lose all membership rights and privileges.
- Suspension, Expulsion & Resignation: Non-payment of dues and any conduct detrimental to the best interests of the organization shall be grounds for suspension of or expulsion from membership. Any member may resign at any time; however, no member who resigns, is suspended or expelled from membership shall have any claim for refund of any contribution, prorating of dues or have any interest in or right to any assets of the organization.
- Conformance with Antitrust Laws: It is AKTI policy to require that all of its trade association activities be conducted in compliance with U.S. federal and state antitrust laws. It is the responsibliity of AKTI members to be aware of the types of activities that are prohibited by antitrust laws in connection with their AKTI membership. If members have specific questions relating to antitrust compliance in connection with their AKTI membership, they should contact their own legal counsel.
- Use of AKTI Trademarks: Members in good standing are granted the non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the AKTI Member Logo to promote their membership in the organization and to highlight their commitment to ensuring that Americans will always be able to make, own, carry and use the knife of their choice. Members agree that they will do nothing inconsistent that might harm AKTI or AKTI’s ownership in its name and logo. Each member agrees to use the AKTI Member Logo only as prescribed by the AKTI and not to use it in any manner that expresses or implies, or could be construed to express or imply, that AKTI endorses or certilfies a member’s products, services or opinions, or in any manner that misrepresents, or has the appearance of misrepresenting, the relationship between a member and the AKTI other than as a member-trade association relationship. Members who fail to maintain their AKTI membership must immediatellyi discontinue any and all use of the AKTI Member Logo.
These membership terms, including the rights and privileges of membership, may be revised, supplemented, suspended or terminated at any time upon reasonable notice to members.