AKTI is developing a growing list of defense attorneys who will consult with a defendant’s attorney on knife cases. Any fee involved after the referral is the responsibility of the defense attorney. Contact AKTI. If you are a defense attorney who would like to participate, please contact us. Please indicate the states where you are licensed to practice.
When a case goes to trial, your defense attorney may need an expert witness for a pre-trial hearing or for the trial itself. AKTI maintains a list of knife experts who may be qualified to testify. AKTI is also soliciting additional knife industry figures who may be available locally or regionally to appear on behalf of clients. Fees for the expert witness are the responsibility of the defense attorney. If you either need an expert witness or would like to become one, contact AKTI.
AKTI thanks the industry knife publications for their support by supplying complimentary advertisements and printing AKTI news.
- AmmoLand and Shooting Sports News
- Blade Magazine (Krause Publications) and book knife publisher
- Tactical Knives (Harris Publications) and specialty magazines
- Knife World (Knife World Publications) and knife book publisher
- Knives Illustrated Magazine (APG Media)
- National Knife Collectors Association – Promoting the hobby of knife collecting
- Knife Collectors’ Clubs – can be reached by contacting specific manufacturers or doing an internet search
- Knifemakers’ Guild – a professional association representing knifemakers throughout the world
- American Bladesmith Society – an organization dedicated to the teaching and promotion of the forged blade
- Elephant Protection Association – working to stop ivory bans that persecute law abiding citizens and refocus efforts on strategies that will actually save elephants.
- Knife Glossary – provided by A.G. Russell on the A.G. Russell Knives website
- Steel Guide Chart – properties of stainless and non-stainless steel provided by A. G. Russell on his website
- Guide to the Best Knife Steel – description of different steel properties and types of knife steel on Best Pocket Knife Today review website
- Contending With Counterfeits – AKTI and the knife industry take on the problem of inferior products made and sold illegally.
- Be Safe. Not Sorry– Know why you should not buy a counterfeit knife.
When there is an important issue for the knife community, AKTI will alert you by email if you are a member or Grassroots Supporter. If you want to discuss various knives, ownership and issues with other interested knife owners, check out these popular Forums.
AKTI focuses on changing knife laws that unfairly target law-abiding knife owners for knife possession. If you are aware of a knife law situation that is unfair to knife users, contact us abut possible legislative action.
Looking for a Knife?
If you are searching for information on products, there are several knife magazines serving the industry that publish information and advertising. Many industry manufacturers and suppliers maintain websites where they describe their products. If you are searching for the value of a knife, information on knifemaking, or historical information, there are numerous books available at local libraries or from publishers plus collectors’ associations and other organizations who specialize in this information.